Please Wait to Process Fall 2016 Concurrent Enrollment Requests
More Information Available August 19
Dear Instructors and Concurrent Enrollment Approvers,
You are receiving this email because you are either a Fall 2016 instructor or a concurrent enrollment approver with Student Information Systems (SIS) access.
Starting today, Monday, August 15, as part of the transition from UC Berkeley legacy student systems to the new SIS, UC Berkeley Extension students will have CalCentral access to apply for concurrent enrollment in class(es). When they do, you may receive an email notifying you that a student has requested concurrent enrollment approval for one of your Fall 2016 classes. If so, you will be prompted to process the enrollment requests.
Please do not approve concurrent enrollment applications at this time.
Important: UC Berkeley Degree Students Get Priority
- We understand that concurrent enrollment students want confirmation early to reduce uncertainty. However, please remember that UC Berkeley degree students have enrollment and waitlist priority.
Important: As a reminder, UC Berkeley degree students can add your course through the add/drop date. Please visit the Office of the Registrar Enrollment webpage for Fall 2016 Add and Drop deadlines and additional information.
Instructions Available August 19
- By Friday, August 19, you will receive step-by-step instructions on how to approve or deny concurrent enrollment requests, as well as resources for support.
- When it’s time to start approving concurrent enrollment requests, please make sure that you first allow UC Berkeley degree students to move from the waitlist into your class and do not add concurrent enrollment students in your class beyond the published enrollment capacity. Approvers are responsible for ensuring that classes are not over-enrolled.
- For more information about Concurrent Enrollment, please visit the UC Berkeley Extension website. For questions about Concurrent Enrollment, please email email@example.com or call (510) 642-4111, option 5.
- For background information on the project, please visit the Student Information Systems (SIS) project website. For questions or concerns about the SIS project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and support as we transition the Concurrent Enrollment process to SIS and improve Berkeley's student experience through the implementation of a consolidated student system.
Student Information Systems Team