Important Message for Graduate and Professional Students:
While most graduate and professional students will enroll through CalCentral, the following programs may have different enrollment dates and processes. If you are a student of one of these programs, please contact your advisor for more information.
Newly Admitted Graduate Students: Billing
Starting in late July, you will use CalCentral My Finances for fall semester 2016 billing activities, including viewing new charges, account balances, transaction history, and paying your bills.
If you wish to delegate access to a trusted individual to see and pay your bills, use the link on My Finances to grant authorization.
- Tuition and fees will not be assessed to your account, nor can fee remissions or financial awards be paid, until after your enrollment in course units for the semester.
- Payment of tuition/fees is due August 19. After this date, a penalty will be assessed.
- You can pay university bills online by eCheck at no cost; with a credit card for a 2.75% convenience fee; or with foreign currency through a Western Union wire transfer. Paper checks may be mailed or placed in the dropbox.
- Starting in July, eligible students will have the option to sign up for the “Tuition and Fee Payment Plan” (FPP). Through FPP, you will be able to pay your fees in five installments; an additional fee will apply.
- Starting in July, you will be able to sign-up for “Electronic Funds Transfer” (EFT) to have refunds directly deposited into your bank account (recommended).
- Through “Delegated Access,” you will be able to grant trusted individual(s) access to your financial records so they can view and pay your bills online.
- Balances overdue 10 days or more will result in a hold on your account, which could prevent you from adding classes or having access to other Berkeley services. Late fees may apply.
- If you wish to grant a trusted individual access to seeing and paying your bills, you can give them permission via “Delegated Access” in CalCentral.
- View billing information, such as amount due now and account balance in the My Finances “Billing Summary” section.
- View and search your transaction history using the My Finances “Details” link.
- Submit a payment online by following the links on the My Finances “Billing Summary” or “Details” pages.
- Sign up for FPP (optional) once your fees are billed in CalCentral.
- Authorize EFT (recommended).
Important Dates for
Graduate & Professional Degree Students
October 17 - November 13:
Phase I Enrollment Appointments
for continuing students
November 14 - January 8:
Phase II Enrollment Appointments
for continuing students
January 9 - March 24:
Enrollment Adjustment Period
Spring 2017 tuition and fees are due