|From:||Student Information Systems <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||Mon, May 23, 2016|
|To:||SIS leadership and campus partners|
|Subject:||5.4b Release Now Available|
May 23, 2016
Student Information Systems (SIS) 5.4b Release Now Available
- New Multi-Year Planner Tool Preview for Advisors
- Limited Advisor Preview Access
The Multi-Year Planner is now available to SIS users with Advisor Role access, only.
Advisors can become familiar with the new tool now, ahead of the September launch to students.
- Mid-September 2016 Release to Students
We will launch the Multi-Year Planner to students in mid-September.
We planned to rollout a limited version of this tool to students today. Based on your feedback, we decided to postpone the launch until full functionality is available. Thank you for your feedback.
- Designed Mainly for New Students
This tool is designed to help create a path for students to achieve their academic goals. ▪ Starting in mid-September, new students will be able to use the Multi-Year Planner to map out and discuss their coursework plan with their advisor. Students can adjust it, based on changing needs and interests, as they work to complete their degree requirements.
- Many continuing students have already created a multi-year plan with their advisor. Starting in mid-September, these students can choose to manually add this information to their new Multi-Year Planner, so it can be accessed in CalCentral.
- Give Us Your Feedback.
If you advise students, please test out this tool and provide feedback to the SIS Advising Team.
Your early feedback will give us insights into what works and what could be better, so we can make adjustments for an improved Multi-Year Planner release to students. (Note: This is a preview version. The team has already identified some issues and we are working to resolve them.)
Students • There is no new functionality for students released today.
There is no new functionality for instructors released today.
Note on Partial Functionality
Berkeley's transition to the new SIS is phased, occurring across a series of go-lives. Some features are initially released with only some of the functions that will exist in the final version. The SIS team then continues to build and improve each feature based on rollout plans and user feedback from students, staff, and instructors.
Questions and Support
If you experience any problems with SIS, please let us know immediately. The project team is closely monitoring the system. If any problems or potential issues arise, we will do our best to address them as quickly as possible. • Contact SIS Production Support if you have technical questions or need support: ◦ by phone at (510) 664-9000 option 6;
- by e-mail at email@example.com; or
- by submitting a Help Desk ticket at https://berkeley.service-now.com/ess/create_incident. • Join the SIS Training Virtual Drop-In Hours for Advisors, designed to assist advisors and their teams in their transition to the new SIS applications and processes.
- ◦ Upcoming Drop-In Hours: Friday, June 3 and Friday, June 10, from 9:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- To join, go to https://bluejeans.com/228613074 from your browser.. •
- Visit SIS Known Issues to view and report system issues.
- Visit SIS website to review SIS updates and changes impacting students, advisors, and instructors.
- Visit SIS Training to access training materials.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns about the SIS project. Thank you for your patience and collaboration as we work to improve Berkeley's student experience through the implementation of the new SIS.
Student Information Systems Team