|From:||Student Information Systems <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||Mon, Mar 21, 2016|
|Subject:||Go-Live 5 CalMessage|
March 21, 2016
Dear Campus Community,
Today, we reach a major milestone in the implementation of UC Berkeley’s new Student Information Systems (SIS). The fifth of seven project “Go-Lives” is now available — 24 hours ahead of schedule!
Here are some examples of the new Go-Live 5 SIS functionality:
- Students can now view their enrollment appointments (available today) and enroll in fall semester 2016 classes in CalCentral. Other new CalCentral features include: scheduling advisor appointments; giving delegated access to selected trusted individuals; paying university bills with a credit card; and having all financial aid and billing information in one place. Visit sis.berkeley.edu/students for more information.
- Staff with advising roles can now assign students to an academic advisor; view and release student “Holds;” and access other relevant student data. Bear Facts reporting users will be able to view selected student data reports in the Reporting Center.
- Instructors will be able to view Class Rosters for fall semester 2016 starting on April 18 and will have access to view relevant student data through SIS Campus Solutions.
Visit the SIS Go-Live 5 webpage for more information on:
- Who’s Impacted by Go-Live 5 and How
- Go-Live 5 Training Information
- What’s Next for the SIS Project
If you have any questions or comments about the SIS project, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience and collaboration as we work to improve Berkeley's student experience through the implementation of the new SIS.
SIS Project Executive Steering Committee
Harry Le Grande, Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
Larry Conrad, AVC, Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
Cathy Koshland, Vice Chancellor, Undergraduate Education
Rosemarie Rae, AVC, Finance and Chief Financial Officer