This job aid describes how to configure a whole class as requiring permission to enroll and will need to be set up before enrollment starts.
1. From the Main Menu, navigate to: Curriculum Management >Schedule of Classes>Maintain Schedule of Classes.
2. Under Search Criteria, use the look up table or enter the Term, Subject Area, and Catalog Nbr of the class you would like to edit.
3. Select Search.
The Basic Data page for the class will appear next. NOTE: If a list of classes appears below the Search button, select the link for the intended class to get to the Basic Data page.
4. On the Enrollment Control tab, chose the Type of Consent Required. Choosing either “Department Consent” or “Instructor Consent” informs the student who to contact to get Add or Drop consent.)
5. After the Add or Drop Consent is set, go back to the Basic Data tab, where the decision on whether the permission is student specific or number based is selected. If the check box is NOT selected, permission numbers will be used.
6. Navigate to Records and Enrollment>Term Processing>Class Permissions>Class Permissions. Enter the number of permissions you need in Assign More Permissions and click the Generate button.
7. If the Student Specific Permissions check box is checked (as set on the Basic Data tab, see #5 above), you will be able to enter specific Student ID numbers in the Class Permission Data section, allowing them to enroll.
For questions or assistance, please contact SIS Production Support:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional SIS resources, please visit: