On the morning of Tuesday, April 4, the SIS team temporarily turned off the Academic Progress Report (APR) Exceptions function in SIS Campus Solutions due to a known technical issue that was reported by some SIS users.
- When an APR exception is added, it causes incorrect reporting of students' courses and other requirements.
- Some advisors recently entered additional exceptions in an attempt to fix the students' APRs. Unfortunately, those additional exceptions do not fix the issue and will need to be reversed when the issue is resolved.
What you should know
- The basic APR viewing functionality continues to be available in SIS Campus Solutions
- The APR Exceptions functionality in SIS Campus Solutions is temporarily turned off
- Once a fix is in place, the SIS technical team will work with departmental staff to review and resolve any APRs with Exception issues.
- No new APRs with Exception may be entered until this issue is resolved.
What to do while the issue is being resolved
- Please keep a record of APR Exceptions off-line, for when the issue is fixed.
- Make a note of the students who need an exception. We will notify all advisors when the issue is resolved, so you can begin entering those exceptions again.
We understand that you rely on the new SIS tools that we are rolling out to do your work, which is needed to support UC Berkeley's students and faculty. We are deeply sorry when functionality rollouts like this one don't go as planned, because of the impact it has on you and the rest of our campus community. Please know that we are doing all that we can to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
We will email when we have more information about this functionality issue or its resolution. Meanwhile, please refer to the SIS Project Known Issues webpage for updates. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Angela Blackstone, Associate CIO and Sr. SIS Project Executive
on behalf of the Student Information Systems Team