May 16, 2016
The SIS 5.4 Release is now available! Here are examples of the new functionality:
- New Enrollment Card labels
- Based on student feedback, we renamed the Enrollment Card labels to better reflect the actual tools students can access at each step of the enrollment process.
- Additional Delegated Access functionality
- Students can remove Delegated Access they previously granted to an individual.
- Individuals with Delegated Access can view Academic Dates and Deadlines.
- Additional Status, Blocks, and Holds functionality
- California Residency status is now displayed.
- New Student Lookup functionality
- In the Advising Dashboard, staff with SIS Advisor Role ("advisors") can now lookup a student by name, UID, or SID; save frequently viewed students; and see the Student Overview.
- The Student Overview page includes important student information, such as the student's Personal Summary, Major(s), University Requirements, Class Enrollment and Waitlist status, Final Exam Schedule. Advisors can also add Service Indicators and assign an advisor to the student.
- New Waitlist information
- Instructors can now view their fall semester 2016 Class Waitlist information from the instructor's class selection under the My Academics Enrollment tab.
Note on Partial Functionality
- Berkeley's transition to the new SIS is phased, occurring across a series of go-lives. Some features are initially released with only some of the functions that will exist in the final version. The SIS team then continues to build and improve each feature based on rollout plans and user feedback from students, staff, and instructors. One example is the Multi-Year Planner that the SIS team is currently developing for new students. At first, students will be able to use it for planning their fall 2016 courses only; but by September 2016, it will be fully functional as a Multi-Year Planner.