|From:||Karen Kato - Student Information Systems
Jennifer Hopkins - Student Affairs IT
|Date:||December 1, 2016|
|To:||All SIS users|
Important: Dec 2 DB2 Transition to Read-Only
December 1, 2016
DB2 will transition to Read-Only on December 2
Dear DB2 and SIS system users,
On Friday, December 2, all data in DB2 will become read-only as part of the campus legacy systems transition to the new Student Information Systems (SIS).
You will no longer be able to add or edit data in DB2. Attempting to do so will produce this error:
- All DB2 users, with the exception of select Office of the Registrar (OR) staff, will no longer be able to make edits or additions in DB2 to student academic information (including, grades, classes taken, incompletes, etc.).
- OR staff will continue to update the DB2 transcript for records prior to fall semester 2016 for you until we finish the conversion of all DB2 records to SIS Campus Solutions. If you see errors on the DB2 transcript that need to be corrected, please report them to OR Records Manager Jené Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once all data is transferred to SIS, DB2 read-only access will also be discontinued and all updates to student records formerly maintained in DB2 will be processed through CalCentral.
- DB2 will only hold student records through summer term 2016. Records for fall 2016 and future terms are managed in SIS Campus Solutions.
- For more information about the new grade submission process in CalCentral, please visit the Office of the Registrar grading webpage at http://registrar.berkeley.edu/faculty-staff/grading.
For information about upcoming CalCentral training sessions, please visit http://sis.berkeley.edu/training. We will email you additional updates when more information is available. Thank you for your patience, collaboration, and support while we transition our legacy systems to the new SIS.
Jennifer S. Hopkins
Director, Student Application Management, Student Affairs IT
Implementation Director, Student Information Systems (SIS)