May 16, 2016
New Multi-Year Planner Tool Preview for Advisors
Limited Advisor Preview Access
- The Multi-Year Planner was only available to SIS users with Advisor Role access.
- Advisors could become familiar with the new tool now, ahead of the September launch to students.
Mid-September 2016 Release to Students
- We launched the Multi-Year Planner to students in mid-September.
- We planned to rollout a limited version of this tool to students today.
- Based on your feedback, we decided to postpone the launch until full functionality was available. Thank you for your feedback.
Designed Mainly for New Students
This tool was designed to help create a path for students to achieve their academic goals.
- Starting in mid-September, new students were able to use the Multi-Year Planner to map out and discuss their coursework plan with their advisor. Students could adjust it, based on changing needs and interests, as they work to complete their degree requirements.
- Many continuing students have already created a multi-year plan with their advisor. Starting in mid-September, these students could choose to manually add this information to their new Multi-Year Planner, so it could be accessed in CalCentral.
- There was no new functionality for students.
- There was no new functionality for instructors released.