June 26, 2016
STUDENTS (AND DELEGATES)
My Finances Financial Aid and Scholarships
- There was no new Financial Aid and Scholarships functionality with this release.
- However, undergraduate students could act on their official 2016-17 Financial Aid packages in CalCentral.
- As a result, undergraduate students could:
- Accept loans
- Convert loans to Work Study awards and vice versa.
My Finances Billing Summary and Financial Resources
- The Billing Summary section displayed Fall 2016 information:
- Billing and payment transaction details will display.
- If students have paid their SIR deposit, a credit balance will display.
- If no payments or charges have posted, a $0 balance will display.
New Financial Resources Section Functionality:
- Once fees were assessed, eligible students could enroll in the Tuition and Fees Payment Plan (FPP). A participation fee applied.
Future Billing Functionality
- Late July: Tuition and Fees would be assessed for students enrolled in units and students and delegates would be able to make online payments for Fall 2016.
- Early August: Students and delegates could view the student’s Official Monthly Statement via CalCentral
My Campus Academic Records Requests
- My Campus included an Academic Records Requests section where students Request Transcripts and Request Enrollment Verification.
My Academics Book List
- We corrected a data feed so students could view available textbook information and images for their Fall 2016 class textbooks from the Book List section.
Profile Emergency Contacts, Work Experience, and Residency
- Students could view and edit Emergency Contacts and Work Experience in their Profile.
- Residency status display for Fall 2016 has been fixed.
My Finances Financial Resources
- Advisors with View As access could view the Fall 2016 activity for a student. (See details above.)
- Advising Dashboard Semesters and Advising Resources
- Under Semesters, advisors could review the student's semester section, including class, course title, and units for all academic history. Grades from previous terms became available in mid-July
- Under Advising Resources, advisors could access the eForms Work Center, eForms Work List, and through the WebNow Documents link they could access imaged documents, such as external transcripts, test score documentation, and more.
Transfer Credit Processing Update
- Since the last Go-Live, the transfer credit team received and processed more than 1,000 inbound electronic transcripts (EDIs) for newly admitted and continuing students.
- The Admissions team evaluates these transcripts against the students' self-reported data for accuracy and ensured that students have fulfilled their requirements for admissions.
- This data was then processed through the transfer credit rules that the team has built (primarily for California Community Colleges at this point), to determine the UC Berkeley course equivalencies, so that the credit could be appropriately applied toward their degree.
My Academics Class Info, Enrollment, Rosters, Textbooks, Email, and more
- From My Academics, instructors could see their Fall 2016 classes listed under the Teaching section. When an instructor clicks on a class, they could see additional student information under the Class Info, Enrollment, and Roster tabs:
- Class Info
- Section Schedules break out Recurring Schedules from Individual Sessions.
- Instructors could see textbook information and images for their adopted Fall 2016 class textbooks.
NOTE: Instructors could submit textbook adoptions for their classes through berkeley.facultyportal.com.
- Instructors could view additional information on their Wait List and Enrollment List for each of Fall 2016 class and section: Email address, Major, and Terms in Attendance for each student.
- Instructors could 1) click on a student’s email address to email a student, 2) click on the Copy Addresses button to generate an editable email list, or 3) Export all displayed student information under Wait List and Enrollment List.
IMPORTANT: Due to FERPA regulations, instructors must type or paste students’ email addresses in their email’s Bcc field when emailing more than one student.
- Instructors could view, print, or export their class rosters
- Under each student photo in a class roster, instructors could click the student’s lastname to email a student, or they could view the student’s Major and Terms in Attendance.