August 26, 2016
Financial aid awards, including scholarships, fellowships, and departmental awards would be disbursed beginning August 15 to eligible undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and were viewable to students in CalCentral.
eForm for Emergency Loans:
- On August 17, the Emergency Loan eForm application would be available to students in CalCentral.
eForm for Withdrawal Request:
- Withdrawal Request Form would be available for students starting the First Day of Instruction. Students may request to withdraw for the term through this form.
- Once approved by the college or departmental advisor or Graduate Student Affairs Officer (GSAO), term withdrawals would be processed and students would need to apply for Readmission to enroll in subsequent terms.
- Before the first day of instruction, students may drop down to zero units which would result in a cancellation and students must apply for Readmission to enroll in subsequent terms.
- Starting August 15, Fall 2016 Enrollment Verifications could be requested via CalCentral.
- Summer 2016 Enrollment Verifications continued to be available via Bear Facts
- Berkeley Law Enrollment Verifications continued to be available through the Berkeley Law Registrar’s Office.
- A self-service verification became available through National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) after the First Day of Instruction.
Staff with Advisor Role
- Staff should review the new functionality for students, since many of these changes would affect staff. Changes impacting students included Financial Disbursements, eForms for various processes, and Enrollment Verification functionality, and more.
- For this release, the SIS team rolled out a series of electronic forms (eForms) that would change the way you process certain student requests. Our rollout strategy was to release a simple version of each eForm first, and then continue to build and improve the form, based on user feedback.
- In addition, these new tools were now available in CalCentral:
- Important: This tool was available for all advisors, but required configuration by the advising team for each unit or department. If your unit wished to use this tool, please contact email@example.com. Once the unit was configured, students could begin making appointments with that advising unit in CalCentral.
- Advisors could create advising notes for students through CalCentral; these shared notes would be visible to other advisors.
Long/Short Study List (over or under-enrolled maximum units) Report:
- A Long/Short Study List report became available to advisors in the Reporting Center.
eForm for Concurrent Enrollment request:
- Starting August 15, UC Berkeley Extension students has CalCentral access to apply for concurrent enrollment in class(es). When they do, approvers would receive a notification.
- Important: Please approve concurrent enrollment applications yet. As a reminder, UC Berkeley degree students have enrollment and waitlist priority. More information will be emailed to Concurrent Enrollment approvers by Friday, August 19.
- Note: This eForm will replace the current Bear Facts request form.
eForm for Withdrawal:
Starting August 24, this eForm enables students to submit a request to withdraw from a term.
- Once approved by you (the student’s college or departmental advisor or GSAO), the eForm will trigger the necessary action to drop students from their classes and withdraw them from the semester. If the student is an athlete, the eForm will route to the Athletics Office first. The Berkeley International Office and Financial Aid and Scholarships Office will receive notifications of the action after the request has been approved.
Fall 2016 Concurrent Enrollment requests:
- Starting August 15, UC Berkeley Extension students will have CalCentral access to apply for concurrent enrollment in class(es). When they do, approvers (instructors and staff) will receive a notification.
- Important: Concurrent enrollment applications could not be approved at that time. As a reminder, UC Berkeley degree students have enrollment and waitlist priority. More information would be emailed to Concurrent Enrollment approvers by Friday, August 19.
- Note: This eForm would replace the current Bear Facts request form.
- Concurrent Enrollment students were not matriculated students. They comprised community members, international students who have been invited to study at UC Berkeley through this program, and sometimes UC Berkeley students who want to pay for a single course instead of full tuition. The program was administered through University Extension, which passed on 50-60% of the tuition collected to participating departments.
- For more information about Concurrent Enrollment, please visit the UC Berkeley Extension website.