October 17, 2016
MyFinances for continuing students
Any unpaid CARS balances has been transferred from the “Prior to Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card to the “Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card. Continuing students and their delegates could submit online payments to pay your Fall 2016 account by clicking the "Make Payment for Fall 2016" button.
- The Billing Summary cards would be displayed in a different order. The “Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card will appear above the “Prior to Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card.
MyDashboard for Haas School students:
- Haas School master’s degree students would see information about advising services available through their specific program: FTMBA, EMBA, EWMBA, and MFE.
CARS historical data viewing
- Staff would no longer see any outstanding student balances in CARS. SIS Campus Solutions would now be the system of record for unpaid balances data.
- CARS would continue to be available for viewing historical data only. All unpaid student balances would display zero dollars.
Unpaid CARS balances now only in CalCentral:
Any unpaid CARS student balances have been transferred from the CalCentral “Prior to Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card to the “Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card.
- The Billing Summary cards would be displayed in a different order. The “Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card would appear above the “Prior to Fall 2016 Billing Summary” card.
Students and their delegates may submit online payments to pay a student's Fall 2016 account by clicking the "Make Payment for Fall 2016" button.
Student Success: (Advisor Dashboard >> Student Overview)
- The Student Success card provides SIS users with Advisor Role access with a consolidated snapshot of a student's current academic status. This card included the student's Cumulative GPA calculation, a GPA trendline, a Term by Term GPA calculation, a Cumulative Units calculation, and outstanding monies owed.
- If the student’s Term GPA drops below the minimum GPA allowed, the GPA trendline will drop and both the trendline and the calculated Term GPA will be highlighted in red.
- Note: More advising tools for graduate advising will be released in the SIS Release 7.2.
New Report: Withdrawn for Term
- The new "Withdrawn for Term" report (UCCS_R_WITHDRAWN_TERM) lists students who have withdrawn. It included the student's name, academic program and withdrawal reason, and date by term selected. It was located in the Reporting Center under the SR (Student Records) Term Processing pagelet under the "Cancellation & Withdrawal" folder or the AA (Academic Advising) pagelet under the "Student Lists" folder.
New Report: New Student Admit
- The new "New Student Admit" report (UCCS_A_ADV_NEWADMIT_STU) listed students who have been newly admitted to UC Berkeley for a given term. It included the student's SIR date, transfer units, and test units. It was located in the Reporting Center under the AD (Admissions) pagelet under the "Undergraduate" folder.
MyAcademics Enrollment Section Overview
- A new overview of all sections for a given course became available on the Class Enrollment tab. It provided a quick way of finding which sections have open seats and how many seats are open.