January 8, 2017
Reporting Center - eForms Search Query Report
Beginning on February 12, a new query would be added to the Reporting Center.
This SIS Campus Solutions eForms search report would make it easier for staff to view the status of their and their students’ eForms (e.g., Academic Plan, Enrollment, Withdrawal, etc.).
To access the report, staff should go to the Query Viewer in CalCentral and run the UCCS_GT_EFORMS_SEARCH report. Staff could either search for individual students or view the status of multiple student eForms by CPP (career, program, plan).
Award Entry Item Type Requests
The approval process for Award Entry Item Type Requests became automated.
When a request was submitted, users would receive an automated email informing them whether or not the pending item type was successfully created.
Requests would be evaluated at least twice a day on university work days.
Student Overview - Personal Summary Card (Undergraduate)
The Schedule Planner link on the Personal Summary card takes advisors directly to the student’s Schedule Planner, which reduced the number of clicks from three to one.
Advisor Dashboard - Advising Resources Card / Student Overview - Personal Summary Card
Advisors could view the administrative transcript in CalCentral via the new “Administrative Transcript” link on the Advisor Dashboard Advising Resources card and on the Student Overview Personal Summary card.
My Academics - Academic Records - Request Transcript Update
Students could request official transcripts directly from UC Berkeley’s transcript vendor, Credentials Solutions, via the updated Request Transcript link in CalCentral under the Academic Records section of My Academics.
Note to Advisors - Official Transcript Processing:
Due to initial setup work required for this transition, students who ordered official transcripts via CalCentral between January 8, 2017 and Wednesday, January 11 would experience a delay in receiving their transcripts.We expected this issue to be resolved by the end of that week.
Please visit the SIS Known Issues webpage for updates.
Note to Advisors - Cumulative GPA:
- Due to a software configuration setting issue, the cumulative GPA did not include fall semester 2016 grades for students in their CalCentral display, and for advisors in CalCentral's Advising Summary and "View As" mode.
- Advisors could go directly to SIS Campus Solutions to see a student's correct GPA. Fixing this issue as quickly as possible was a high priority for SIS. We would send an email by the end of the week with an update.
Special Enrollment Petition (SEP) eForm
- The Special Enrollment Petition eForm, located in the Student Resources Card under My Dashboard, was used to apply for Filing Fee, In Absentia, and Parental Leave of Absence status.
- This eForm would streamline the petition process by providing automated eligibility checks (e.g., GPA, residency, program, plan, etc.) for each student. Once submitted, the eForm was sent to a student’s assigned Graduate Student Affairs Officer(s) for review and approval.
- When applicable, the eForm was also sent to Graduate Division for review.
- Once approved, the reduced fees for filing fee and in-absentia was calculated and displayed in CalCentral under My Finances.
- Because of the transition from paper to electronic routing, we anticipated the processing time for this eForm to be significantly reduced.