|From:||Student Information Systems <email@example.com(link sends e-mail)>|
|Date:||Mon, Aug 15, 2016|
|To:||All SIS Users|
SIS 6.0d Release Announcement
August 15, 2016
Student Information Systems (SIS) 6.0d Release Now Available
Dear SIS users and campus partners,
The SIS 6.0d Release is now available!
Please visit the SIS 6.0d Release webpage for complete release notes.
Among the new functionality, this release introduces financial disbursements and enrollment verifications for students; a new report and new tools for advisors in CalCentral; and several eForms for streamlining processes online, such as student requests for Emergency Loans, Withdrawals, and Concurrent Enrollment requests.
Here are some examples of new SIS Campus Solutions and CalCentral functionality:
Students (and Delegates)
- Beginning August 15, financial aid awards, including scholarships, fellowships, and departmental awards will be disbursed to eligible undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and are viewable to students in CalCentral.
eForm for Emergency Loans:
- On August 17, the Emergency Loan eForm application will be available to students in CalCentral.
Staff with Advisor Role Access
Advising Dashboard Advising Appointments and Advising Notes
- The Advising Appointment tool is now available in CalCentral.
- Advisors will now be able to create advising notes for students through CalCentral; these shared notes will be visible to other advisors and on the students’ records.
New Report: Long/Short Study List
- Long/Short Study List (over or under-enrolled maximum units) report is now available to advisors in the Reporting Center.
Concurrent Enrollment and Rosters
- Beginning August 15, UC Extension students will have CalCentral access to apply for concurrent enrollment in your class(es). When they do, instructors and concurrent enrollment approvers will receive notification emails.
Important: More information will be sent to concurrent enrollment approvers this week. Visit the SIS 6.0d Release webpage for more information.
Note on Partial Functionality
Berkeley's transition to the new SIS is phased, occurring across a series of Go-Lives. Some features are initially released with only some of the functions that will exist in the final version. The SIS team then continues to build and improve each feature based on rollout plans and user feedback from students, staff, and instructors.
Questions and Support
Please clear your browser cache before logging in to SIS Campus Solutions by following these instructions: http://www.bai.berkeley.edu/BFS/systems/clearCache.htm.
Contact SIS Production Support if you have technical questions or need support:
- by phone at (510) 664-9000 option 6;
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by submitting a Help Desk ticket at https://berkeley.service-now.com/ess/create_incident.
Visit SIS Known Issues to view and report system issues.
Visit SIS Training to access training materials.
Please email email@example.com with training questions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns about the SIS project.
Thank you for your patience and continued feedback and engagement during this important transition for our university. We are grateful for your partnership as we continue on the path toward creating an SIS environment that is supportive of students, staff, and instructors.
Student Information Systems Team