This job aid will instruct staff on how to add and remove holds in SIS Campus Solutions, known as Service Indicators.
View or download a PDF of this guide with images (Updated October 2017)
Placing Service Indicators by Batch
Navigate to Main Menu > Campus Community > Service Indicator (Student) > Mass Assign.
Create Run Control
- Select Add a New Value.
- Enter name of Run Control ID in box.
- Select Add.
Within the Population Selection section, select the Selection Tool drop down menu and choose External File.
- Select Upload File (must be CSV file).
- Select Choose File.
- Select desired file from your desktop and select Upload.
Note: File Mapping must be EMPLID ONLY NO HEADER
- In Service Indicator Data section, select *Service Indicator Code = V00.
- Select Reason Code from drop down.
- In Effective Period section complete Start Term or Start Date.
- In Effective Period section complete End Term/Date (if applicable).
- Select Run
- Select Publish Assign Service Ind checkbox.
- Select OK.
- Process Monitor will appear and displays the status of the job.
You can also Mass Assign using a query instead of an External File. Use the same steps above except change Selection Tool to PS Query.
Within the Population Selection section, use the Selection Tool drop down menu and choose PS Query and complete the Query Prompts boxes.
Releasing Service Indicators by Batch
Navigate to Main Menu > Campus Community > Service Indicator (Student) > Mass Release
Select a Run Control
If you have already created a Run Control for Mass Assign you can reuse that same Run Control to Mass Release.
If you have not already created a Run Control, see the steps above to create one.
- Use the Population Selection to define the population you wish to remove Service Indicators from.
- Select the Service Indicator you wish to remove.
- Select Run and follow the same run steps as defined above.
For technical assistance with CalCentral, please contact SIS Support by phone at 510-664-9000 (press option 6 to reach SIS support) or by email at email@example.com(link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail).