This job aid is for staff. It details the steps for scheduling a report to be sent to your email or Campus Solutions folder.
Create a Run Control
- Navigate to: Main Menu > Reporting Tools>Query>Schedule Query
- Select Add a New Value
- To find an existing run control select the Search box to retrieve it.
- Name your Run Control ID
Best practices for naming a Run Control:
If report = UCCS_R_GRAD_DEGREE_LIST name it UCCS_R_GRAD_DEGREE_LIST or department with report name: “Math_UCCS_R_GRAD_DEGREE_LIST or
your name/initials with report name: KAM_UCCS_R_GRAD_DEGREE_LIST
Be consistent with your run control names to easily identify them to check and/or cancel in the future.
- Select Add
- Enter or Search Query Name
- Select the Query you want
- Fill in any prompts requested and Select OK
- Enter a *Description if it didn’t autofill.
- Select Save
To Run the process
- Select Run
- Select OK
To Create the Process Scheduler Request
- Navigate to: Main Menu > Reporting Tools>Query>Schedule Query. Find and Run the process you wish to schedule.
- Set Run Date, Run Time and Recurrence (if using a recurrence, the run date can still be specified, but the run time will be grayed out/defaulted to the time configured with the recurrence.
- Set the output Type (web or email) and Format (.xls, .txt, .pdf, etc.)
- Set Distribution
- If output Type =Web, use Distribute To section only. Specify IDs of users who should get access to output in Report Manager. Defaults to person running the process (you).
- If output Type=Email
- Specify Email Subject line and Message Text (body)
- Enter recipient Email Addresses separated by semicolons.
- Select OK to kick off the process.
- Report will be sent to your email if Type chosen was “Email”.
- Report will display in screen below is Type chosen was “Web”.
To Cancel a report
- Navigate to: Main Menu >People Tools>Process Scheduler>Process Monitor
Complete the User ID, Date Range desired and Run Status = Queued fields to find your next scheduled report. Select Refresh.
- Navigate to the report you want to cancel and click Details.
- Click Cancel Request
- Click OK
The process in now cancelled and will no longer run.
Best Practices and Notes:
- Cancel only your own requests/run controls.
- Cancel reports that are no longer needed.
- If your report is for a specific term, student population, or date, you will need to update the parameters for the new term/student population, or the data will be outdated.
- When to set up a report?
Once - use future effective date (known date a report is needed, or if going on vacation, sending to multiple staff)
Recurring – Specific day or week/time
- If a Campus Solutions upgrade occurs, all reports will be cancelled and will need to be rescheduled.
- What data is required to schedule a report?
Fields are required if *asterisked and optional if not. This affects the report display.
For questions or assistance, please contact SIS Production Support:
For additional SIS resources, please visit: http://sis.berkeley.edu/training